Gazeley Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (company reg: 02322154) whose registered office is 6th Floor, 99 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3XD (“Gazeley” or “we“) operates the site. Our main trading address is 6th Floor, 99 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3XD. Our VAT number is 927290706. Gazeley Limited is the “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“).
Other Applicable Terms
Your privacy as a Website user
The rights of the site users respect in particular the UK Data Protection Act 1998 implementing the EU Directive 95/46/EC dated 24 October 1995 on the protection of personal data and privacy within the European Union; and the Electronic Commerce Regulations of 2002 and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations of 2003 implementing the EU Directive 2000/31/EC dated 8 June 2000 on electronic commerce and EU Directive 2002/58/EC dated 12 July 2002 on the protection of personal data and privacy in electronic communications. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us via our contact page.
Collection of personal information
This section sets out how we collect information about you:
- We may collect and maintain personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information“). We may obtain your Personal Information from the following sources:
- Information that you provide by filling in our standard forms, featured on the site. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, when you provide a testimonial or when you report a problem with the site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to these requests;
- Your browser, when you visit the site and your browser interacts with us including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; and
- We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For more information please refer to Clause 6 (Cookies).
USES MADE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section sets out how we use the information we hold about you:
- (a) We will use information you give to us in the following ways:
- (i) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- (ii) to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- (iii) to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know;
- (iv) to notify you about changes to our service; and
- (v) to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- (b) We will use information we collect about you in the following ways:
- (i) to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- (ii) to improve the site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- (iii) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- (iv) as part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
- (v) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- (vi) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Sharing Personal Information
Further to the activities set out above, we reserve the right to release Personal Information when we believe that release is appropriate in order to comply with the law, or to enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Gazeley, our affiliates, our group of companies or our customers. We may also pass Personal Information that you have given us to other members of the Gazeley group of companies and our third party suppliers and business partners, for any business and marketing purposes.
Protection of Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all the Personal Information that you have submitted via the site remains confidential. As required by the Act, we have strict security procedures regarding the storage and disclosure of Personal Information.
This section sets out your rights under the Act:
- (a) You have the right to access the Personal Information which we hold about you and to have any errors corrected. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct Personal Information. This will enable us to provide you with the best service possible. You can update your Personal Information by amending the details on your account.
- (b) If at any time you wish your Personal Information to be completely removed from all our systems, please contact us via our contact page. Please note that we may be required to retain certain Personal Information but we will not retain any such information for any longer than is necessary for the relevant purposes.
Changes to this Policy