- (a) for the operation of our website.
- (b) to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- (c) to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- (d) to record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
TYPES OF COOKIE
The following table sets out the types of cookie used on our website and provides detail about what they are used for. When you use the website for the first time, one cookie which is essential to make our website operate (see “essential cookie” below) will have been set but the other cookies will not have been set unless you agreed to those cookies being set at the time. If you have agreed to accept cookies then our website will remember this and continue to set cookies each time you visit. If you do not want a cookie to be stored, then you may turn off certain cookies listed below individually or you can select the appropriate options on your web browser to delete some or all cookies. Please note, however, that if you block some or all cookies (including the “essential cookie”) you may not be able to use or access all or parts of our website.
|Cookie type||Cookie name||Purpose|
|Essential cookie – PHP Session Cookie||PHPSESSID||This cookie is being used by us to store session values.
The PHPSESSID cookie is native to PHP and enables websites to store serialised state data.
|Tracking cookie – _ga||Google Analytics||This cookie is used to provide information to us about how visitors to our website are using it and to distinguish users.|
|Tracking cookie – _gid||Google Analytics||This cookie is used to provide information to us about how visitors to our website are using it and to distinguish users.|
|Tracking cookie – _gat||Google Analytics||This cookie is used to provide information to us about how visitors to our website are using it and to distinguish users.|
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including those essential for the operation of the website) you may not be able to access parts of our site. How to do this will depend on the browser you use – we have provided instructions below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- (a) For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- (i) Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”;
- (ii) Click on the “privacy” tab; and
- (iii) Select the setting the appropriate setting.
- (b) For Mozilla firefox:
- (i) Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”;
- (ii) Click on the icon “privacy”; and
- (iii) Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options.
Third party cookies